Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pandora

Pandora Radio, one of the best things that has come into my life since I've been in college.  It's saved me from going insane from long nights of studying (when I actually do study) and just nights of facebook stalking and twitter. It has also introduced me to so many different songs/genres/artists; ultimately, what it's turned into is an obsession.  As soon as I wake up, I turn Pandora on- hoping to hear something I haven't heard! It's great!


So- last night, I heard this song: Time by Hootie and the Blowfish

Time, why you punish me? ; Like a wave crashing into the shore;  You wash away my dreams;  Time, why you walk away? oh, oh;  Like a friend with somewhere to go;  You left me crying

And you'll teach me 'about tomorrow;  And all the pain and sorrow running free?;  'Cause tomorrow's just another day;  And I don't believe in time

Time, I don't understand;  Children killing in the streetsDying for the color of a rag;  Time, leave you red and blueWash them in the ocean, make them clean;  Maybe their mothers won't cry tonight

2-Can you teach me 'about tomorrow;  With all the pain and sorrow running free?;  And tomorrow's just another day;  And I don't believe in...

1-Time is wasted, time walking;  Time, time;  You ain't no friend of mine;  I don't know where I'm going;  I think I'm out of my mind;  Thinking about time

And if I die tomorrow, yeah;  Then lay me down to sleep
(rpt 1)

Time, you left me standing there;  Like a tree growing all alone;  The wind just stripped me bare;  Stripped me bare;  Time, the past has come and gone, gone;  The future's far away;  An hour only lasts for one second, one second
(rpt 2, 1, 1)

Time without courage, time without fear;  Is just wasted, wasted, wasted time;  Oh, oh, oh, ooh ooh ooh

Time, why you punish me?

--As you read through this, tell me it's not a powerful song.  I'll post the actual song for you to hear, and maybe you'll enjoy it that way!

Until Next TIME...

No comments:

Post a Comment